What will this course give you:
- Learn 43 songs in various styles: blues, bluegrass, country, fingerpicking, rock, pop, jazz
- How to count basic rhythms
- 18 strumming patterns in 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8 time
- Purchasing tips, how to re-string and care for your instrument
- Chords: open, barre, major, minor, 7th, dominant
- And more..
5 DVDs (approx., 7-hours video), 2 audio CDs (127 tracks of acoustic guitar), 135-pg book with 158 musical examples. Includes tab, notation, fretboard diagrams. Completely cross-referenced with DVDs and CDs.
Acoustic Guitar Secrets
Watch This Video About Acoustic Guitar Secrets
List Price: $197.00 | Price: $147.00 | Save:$50.00 (24%)
this item ships for small shipping FEE See Details Here
Short Detail About This DVD’s
- DVD 1: Acoustic Guitar Basics
- You’ll learn the most important major and minor chords in open-position for acoustic guitar
- How to count rhythms in the three most crucial time signatures
- 21 must-know strumming patterns that will make learning new songs faster and easier
- Introduction to add chords (e.g., Cadd9)
- How to play seventh chords: dominant and minor 7ths
- In depth explanation of slash chords like, G/D
- Learn how to use dominant 9th chords
- Intro to interpreting music symbols, chord charts, notation signs, etc
- Three jam-along songs!
- DVD 2: Acoustic Strumming & Barre Chords
- Learn all the primary barre chord forms: major, minor, dominant, minor 7th and major 7th
- Discover the difference between root 6 ad root 5 barre chords and why it’s important to know both
- How to play dominant 9ths and how they can be substituted for dominant 7ths
- Intro to basic fingerpicking
- Two jam-along songs in ragtime blues and jazz styles
- DVD 3: Acoustic Chord Mastery
- Discover the most common chord progressions for acoustic and how to play them
- Chord progressions in various styles: rock, blues, jazz, pop, ballad, country
- In depth study of using chord fills to enhance your songs
- 14 examples on how to use chord fills + a jam along song!
- Intro to chord embellishment (also called, “direct substitution”) and how to
use it to compose your own songs and spice up your existing repertoire
- Learn all about power chords (also called, “five chords”) and how they’re used in blues and rock
- Learn 12 new songs using all these new techniques!
- DVD 4: Acoustic Fingerstyle & Arpeggios
- Master the critical skill of arpeggios for acoustic playing. This section
teaches you one of the most important techniques used in ballads: arpeggios.
- Learn what arpeggios are and how they’re used for acoustic guitar
(which is totally different than the techniques for arpeggios used by “shredder” players)
- Discover how to breath new life into any old song by arpeggiating the chords
- Learn proper flat picking techniques
- Learn three new songs using fingerstyle so you can impress your friends and
family with your new skills!s
- Introduction to fingerstyle
- Discover the PIMA method for fingerpicking
- How to read tab for fingerstyle
- Exercises for developing thumb and finger independence
- 26 step-by-step exercises to help you develop crucial fingerstyle techniques
- Learn to play single and double melodies using all your fingers
- Travis picking and rhythms
- Learn three new songs using your new fingerstyle skills!
- DVD 5: Country, Blues and Jazz Songs for Acoustic
- Build your repertoire by learning 33 songs in various styles
- Discover the essential techniques of all the major musical styles for acoustic
- Combine all your new skills from the previous training by performing real music
- Learn bluegrass and ballad-style country techniques
- Blues: single-line riffs and licks, and pull-offs, slides, turnarounds and more!
- Intro to country blues using fingerstyle and old-school techniques pioneered
by players like Blind Blake
- Intro to acoustic jazz styles and techniques including: major 7ths, 6/9 chords,
extended chords like C13 and altered dominants like, C7#9
(sometimes called the “Hendrix” chord)
- Discover the connection between jazz and blues styles
- Improvisation techniques using simple chord progressions
- Learn blues and jazz song forms and rhythm styles
- Learn 33 new songs! (Included on the jam-along CDs)
- Two Jam Along CDs!
To enhance your learning you’ll also receive two, full length, audio CDs.
These two CDs contain 127 audio tracks which are clearly cross-referenced
with the Acoustic Guitar Secrets lesson book.
This allows you to quickly hear what a particular song or exercise sounds like so
you can determine if you want work on it or jump to another section.
Another benefit is that you’ll be able to jam along with any track, at any time you want.
This makes playing so much more fun. And you’ll always have a virtual “friend” to jam out with!
- Acoustic Guitar Secrets Lesson Book
- In this big, 135 page downloadable lesson book you’ll find all the tab,
chords and rhythms for everything discussed in the DVDs.
- You’ll never get lost because everything is clearly labeled and cross-referenced
with both the DVDs and the audio CDs.
- You get the complete, note-by-note transcription so you can easily follow along.
Which One Of These Secrets Do You Want To Discover?
- The smart and easy way to virtually guarantee that you always make progress every time you touch your guitar.
DVD 1, Practicing.
- A little known purchasing tip that can save you thousands, but almost no one does it! DVD 1, Purchase & selection.
- Make this mistake while you’re re-stringing your guitar and you could literally pull it apart.
DVD 1, Stringing.
- Discover 18 strumming patterns in 3 different time signatures. Master these and you’ll know 95% of all acoustic strumming patterns. DVD 2, Strumming Patterns.
- A simple trick to take any chord and turn it into a jaw-dropping lick.
DVD 3, Chord Fills.
- Discover the secret behind using direct substitution that will have you playing countless variations for any set of chords. DVD 3, Chord Embellishment.
- An under-used technique of taking any chord and instantly transforming it into a simple song.
DVD 4, Arpeggios.
- One simple technique that can literally transform your fingerstyle playing overnight. Get it wrong, and it could set you back years. DVD 4, Fingerstyle. delta style
- Develop the fundamentals of acoustic blues guitar when you learn these powerful 5 songs.
DVD 5, Blues.
- A simple method of using jazz forms to create your own songs. DVD 5, Jazz.
- Build a massive repertoire of 43 songs, in various styles (pop, rock, blues, country, bluegrass, jazz that you can play on-demand.