1980's Guitar Soloing Masterclass by Steve StineCategories: Masterclass, Rock, Storefront
6 monthly payments of
1980s Guitar Soloing Masterclass is an 8-week online masterclass that helps new and advanced guitarists play the licks, riffs, and solos that made 1980s rock guitar legendary
- You’ll “see” how iconic guitarists from the 1980s played guitar, and find out what makes their playing so unique
- You’ll connect their techniques with your own and carve out your own unique playing style
- You’ll play 1980s-style licks, riffs, and solos with confidence, and you’ll add serious spice to your playing, no matter what style of music you play
Here is what you get:
- 6h of Online Video Lessons
Downloadable Tab Book
Live Lesson Recordings
Quiz For Each Weekly Lesson
Here’s What You’ll Discover In 1980's Guitar Soloing Masterclass
Week 1: 1980's LA Rock Guitar Styles & Techniques
- Discover essential techniques, like string bends, vibrato, hammer-ons, and pull-offs. And find out how they’re used in 1980s guitar music.
- Awesome exercises that develop technique and speed. So you can play blazing 80s-style licks with confidence.
- An in-depth look at the playing style of George Lynch. So you can find out what made this legendary Dokken guitarist’s style so unique.
Week 2: 1980's Funk-Rock Style & Techniques
- Find out how to play authentic funk-rock rhythms, so you can kick your rhythm playing up a notch and really start to groove.
- How to play a arpeggio-style “chord chasing” licks. So you can play blazing-fast solos that follow the chord progression.
- An in-depth look at Nuno Bettencourt’s guitar work. So you can use the techniques and tricks that made Extreme such an awesome band.
Week 3: Eddie Van Halen Style & Techniques
- A breakdown of Eddie Van Halen’s innovative techniques. His use of harmonics, open chords, and his signature tapping licks.
- How to use blues licks with the diatonic scale. So you can add a bluesy feel to your guitar solos.
- Discover how to follow the chord progression with tapping licks. And how to create “tap harmonics.”
Week 4: Steve Vai/Joe Satriani Style Analysis
- Discover what makes these guitarists’ playing so unique. And find out the similarities and differences in their playing styles.
- How to perform “pinch harmonics” in your licks, so you can create those wild sounds that made 80’s guitar awesome.
- Bizarre sliding licks, harmonic “chime” licks, whammy bar “throat” licks, and lots of other cool electric guitar tricks that sound amazing.
Week 5: Randy Rhoads Style & Technique Analysis
- Find out how this legendary Ozzy Osbourne guitarist created his riffs. And discover the techniques he used to take his solos over the top.
- 2-string chordal patterns, as well as standard power chord riffs. So you can create powerful guitar riffs from scratch.
- Signature Randy Rhoads techniques, like repetitive bending licks, pentatonic pattern-licks, descending alternate-picking licks, chromatic "climbing" licks, and more.
Week 6: Slash Style & Technique Analysis
- An in-depth look at Slash, and how he created his unique blues-infused hard rock soloing style.
- Open position blues riffing, as well as Slash’s signature “loose and funky” strumming style. So you can create killer rhythms to solo over.
- Discover awesome techniques used by Slash, like multi-hammer-ons and repeating blues-inspired licks. So you can incorporate them into your own playing.
Week 7: Yngwie Malmsteen Style & Technique Analysis
- Pro-level insights into the playing style of this iconic guitarist. So you can use his lighting-fast techniques in your own playing.
- A look at Malmsteen’s rhythm techniques, such as diminished runs, harmonic minor chord progressions, fast alternate picking techniques, and phrygian chord progressions.
- Blazing-fast lead techniques, like arpeggios, sweeps, 3 note per string patterns, pedal tone licks, single string speed licks, repetitive speed licks, half step bending melodic licks, string skipping diminished runs, and even full fretboard patterns.