Riffs Masterclass by Steve StineCategories: Masterclass, Rhythm, Riffs, Rock
Thunder Rock Riffs Masterclass is a 6-week online masterclass that helps new and advanced guitarists create awesome rock guitar riffs and songs in a variety of styles, from punk to metal to classic rock.
- You’ll “see” how to create awesome riffs across the entire fretboard, so you always have something cool to play
- You’ll combine riffs and create songs that shine with your own style and personality
- You’ll play killer riffs and songs with confidence, knowing you have the skills of a true musician
Here is what you get:
- Over 4.5h of Online Video Lessons
Downloadable Tab Book
Live Lesson Recordings
Quiz For Each Weekly Lesson
Here’s What You’ll Discover In Riffs Masterclass
Week 1:Introduction to Classic Rock-Style Riffs
- 1 easy way to identify riffs in a song, so you can start hearing them clearly and creating your own.
- 10 crucial chords in the open position, which are the backbone of literally thousands of riffs in every style.
- 5 must-know power chords, so you can easily incorporate chords into your own riffs.
- Essential barre chords on the 5th and 6th strings, so you’re not “stuck” playing complicated chords that will only slow you down.
- How to break chords into “chord fragments” or “double stops.”. So you can create chunky riffs that have power.
- How to use palm-muting techniques to add dynamics and expand your sound.
- Essential vocal techniques such as slurs, hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, bending and vibrato.
Week 2: Melodic Open String Riffs For Hard Rock And Metal
- How to play horizontal licks across the fretboard, which means you won’t be “boxed” in by scales and patterns.
- How to create cool melodies from scratch, so you can add color and contrast to any song or chord progression.
- Advanced palm muting techniques that pro guitarists use to create percussive riffs that sound HUGE.
- An easy way to move quickly through power chords, so you can create lightning fast chord riffs that make an impact.
- A simple way to add chromaticism to your riffs to create an interesting variety of sounds.
- How to use different picking techniques effectively to change your sound.
Week 3: Single Note Riffs And Pop, Rock, Blues, And Funk-Style Riffs
- The critical importance of the I-IV-V chord progression to music, and how you can use it as a starting point for killer riffs.
- Aggressive downpicking riffs in the punk style.
- How to play single note riffs with a bluesy sound, so you have something exciting to play at blues jams.
- An easy way to clean up your string changes.
- Different fingering options that will help you expand your riffs across the fretboard.
Week 4: Moveable Chord Riffs
- The secret “pinball” concept and how you can use it to skyrocket your guitar playing.
- How to create movement within chords, so you don’t end up playing the same “stale” riffs again and again.
- An in-depth song study of “Hole Hearted” by Extreme.
- How to easily change the shape and movement of open chords to create interesting riffs.
- How to play riffs from “Spirit of the Radio” by Rush.
Week 5: 70’s Rock Style Riffs
- How to combine open string licks and palm-muting to improvise hooky riffs that sound as great as they feel to play.
- How to incorporate single note runs and bends to take your riffs to the next level.
- How to move open chords around the guitar, so you can create cool textures any song.
- An easy way to play awesome half-barre chord riffs.
Week 6: 80’s Rock Style Riffs
- 1 secret trick that makes advanced double stops easy, so you can make your riffs full and meaty.
- The critical “livewire” concept and how to apply it to you advance you riffs to the next level.
- How to layer guitar parts and play full-sounding riffs that sound killer.
- Important chord fragment and picking exercises that will massively improve your technique faster than you ever thought possible.
- And much more…