Play Delta Blues Now by Steven DahlbergCategories: Blues, Styles
Play Authentic Blues Guitar In The Delta Style With Steve Dahlberg’s Easy 3-Step Plan:
- Visualize - You’ll “see” how to perform essential Delta blues licks and techniques
- Connect - You’ll connect these licks and techniques with chords you already know
- Play - You’ll play authentic Delta blues guitar with confidence, and you’ll have fun and sound awesome
Includes: 6 hours of HD videos, PDF tab book and access to our private Facebook group
Here is what you get:
- 6h of Online Video Lessons
Downloadable Tab Book
Here’s What You’ll Discover In Play Delta Blues Now
- An introduction to Delta blues, and a discussion on equipment. What type of guitar works best for you, how to use fingerpicks, and more. So you can get an authentic Delta sound.
- Find out the right way to hold your guitar for Delta blues playing. So you can play this unique style the right way and avoid injury.
- How to play “Pony Blues” style chords in the style of Charley Patton. And a complete blues progression in this style.
- How to play a complete song in the style of Willie Brown, “Ragged And Dirty Blues.” So you can hear what makes his style unique.
- A slower tempo breakdown of the song. So you can learn it from beginning to end, one lick at a time.
- How to play a complete song in the style of Tommy Johnson. This song uses “drop D” tuning, which means you’ll learn a new way to play basic chords.
- How to play 2 songs in the style of Robert Johnson. So you can play authentic Delta blues in the key of A.
- Discover the magic of the “walking down” progression. So you can add a distinctive sound to your blues progressions.
- Find out how to play a complete blues turnaround in the style of Robert Johnson. And a complete breakdown of the turnaround, step by step.
- Discover how to add a jazz “flavor” to your blues playing. Which means, you’ll learn some slightly more complex chords to play.
- Find out how to play 9th and other “jazzy” chords. So you can expand your arsenal… and your personal style.
- Pro tips on making chords, as well as fingerpicking. So you can make chord changes smoothly and pick each note clearly.
- Find out how to tune your guitar to open G. So you can start playing legendary blues songs written in this widely-used blues tuning.
- 3 essential techniques for playing bass notes: “snapping” bass, “pick up” bass, and regular bass. So you can add variety to your Delta blues playing.
- Discover the magic of slide guitar. Find out how to use a slide, and which notes you should target when you play blues. So you can make your guitar sing and scream the blues.
- How to play slide guitar in the styles of 3 iconic Delta bluesmen: Robert Johnson, Mississippi Fred McDowell, and Son House. And what makes each player’s style unique.
- 2 entire Delta blues songs that use slide guitar. So you can see how it’s done and get inspired.
- A breakdown of both songs, so you can play them yourself and add your own unique style.
With Play Delta Blues Now Steve Stine also recommends:
Play killer bluegrass guitar with this awesome course. In Play Bluegrass Guitar Now, Rob Ashe is going to show you how to burn through bluegrass licks, patterns, and songs that once seemed impossible. You'll be flatpicking like a pro after this course.
Start playing authentic blues today with Play Blues Now. You’ll play 12-bar blues progressions right away. And you’ll learn essential blues chords, scales, and techniques. After this course, you’ll be able to sit in on any blues jam session and play with confidence.6 monthly payments of
This step-by-step course will have you playing authentic acoustic blues songs in no time. Steve Dahlberg is going to show you crucial keys used in acoustic blues, as well as the regional styles that emerged in the U.S. in the early 1900s, including the "Delta Style."